We represent smaller and medium sized businesses, professionals and individuals on business formation matters, business sales, buying businesses, contracts and other business transactions, including:
- Business entity selection and formation, including Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Traditional General Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Corporate formation and decision making
- Business Buy-Sell agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Operating agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Secured Transactions and Uniform Commercial Code ("UCC") documentation
- Commercial leases
- Business and professional licensing
- Sales and Use Tax
- Government Contracts
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises
- Joint ventures
- Mentor protégé agreements
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Program
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Small Disadvantaged Business Program
- 8(a) Certification
- Disadvantaged Business Entity Certification
- Contract standardization
- Policy handbooks
- Management agreements
- Trade Secret protection
- State and Federal law compliance
- Fiduciary duty issues
- Noncompetition agreements and litigation
- Closing, liquidation, winding up and dissolutions of Corporations, Limited Liability Corporations and Partnerships and Joint Ventures
We protect the interest of businesses, shareholders, members, partners, corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies, licensed professionals and individuals on business entity formation, acquiring businesses, selling businesses, operations, contracts, and dispute resolution of all types. We help business clients with all types of contract documentation.
If you are a business owner or individual involved in negotiations to buy or sell a business, to create a new business entity or wind down and close a business, or involved a dispute regarding ownership of a business, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests. You want an advocate who understands business, knows the law and has worked in similar transactions for years.
We also have experience working with disadvantaged business enterprises. Fullerton & Knowles, P.C. can assist clients with mentor-protégé relationships, Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Programs, joint ventures and teaming arrangements. It is important that arrangements will be recognized as legitimate minority participation, but still provide the security necessary for manufacturers and suppliers to supply materials at their best pricing. Our work on behalf of small businesses includes Small Business Administration programs such as the 8(a) Program. Contractors and suppliers must be creative and flexible to capture public work and increase minority participation.
At Fullerton & Knowles, P.C., we offer over 30 years of experience handling a wide range of business and contract matters for clients throughout Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia and frequently in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Loudoun, Prince William, Fauquier, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Henrico, Chesterfield, Richmond, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth and Chesapeake in Virginia; Montgomery County, Prince George County, Anne Arundel County, Charles County, Frederick, Howard County, the City of Baltimore and the County of Baltimore in Maryland.